Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hot and Cold - Here and There

Icy rain knocks on the sky roof all day. I do not dare to venture out. Winter gradually locks me in. Shifting between a little more than four walls, cooking beef curry, brewing tea and mulling over new ideas.

From the other end of the world I hear about the relentless baking sun. The beating heat of high summer is conjured in my mind. We are sitting around under a shady tree, anticipating sunset, licking the soothing pleasure of a pineapple sucker.  I am sympathetic and envious! How about sending me some of that heat?

In another corner of the day, a victim’s pain reaches me. Family violence, publically executed, seemingly there are no consequences for the perpetrator. How does he live with his guilt? Another hit from the meth pipe? Are they all just victim’s creating more victims surviving on the expectations of an hourly philosophy? Almost succeeding in shattering dreams and toying with an idealists’ reality.

On the other end of the world I can only listen and understand. It is easy to sit on the sidewalk watching the spectacle of pain. A deep sadness descends. Tragedy is no longer something ‘out there’ it makes us reel in the pain of memory.  I dare to share some soothing words. Calming down frayed nerves, nurturing empathy, strengthening resolves. Hoping that we all learn something new in the recurring cycle of each day.


Simone Beatrice Naik Hagfeldt, 2015-01-29.

No comments:

Post a Comment